The 5th International Conference on Design and Digital Communication DIGICOM 2021 is organized by the Design School of the Polytechnic Institute of Cavado and Ave and by ID+, Research Institute for Design Media and Culture. This conference aims to be a space for reflection and analysis on the constant challenges of digital communication for society, institutions and brands. This event brings together annually the work of researchers, academics and designers from around the world.
The Digicom organizing committee invites original contributions in the form of a full paper until June 30, 2021. Proceedings book published by Springer (indexed on Springerlink and Google Scholar, and will also be submitted for Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Web of Science). This invitation is open to all researchers, academics, designers and students whose work falls within the field of Design and Digital Communication, namely:
- Practical applied projects: projects developed in a research, academic or commercial context, of a practical nature and with a potential social, cultural or economic relevance.
- Case Studies: description and analysis of projects or research problems in the most different contexts.
- Literature review: presentation of the state of the art from a certain research problem.
- Research work: doctoral or master’s research; and new approaches and research frameworks.
Submissions will be accepted in the following topics:
Web and multimedia design
- Web Design
- Interface Design
- UI Design
- UX Design
- Mobile apps
- Editorial Design on digital media
- Digital Typography
- Multimedia Technologies
- Social Media
- Product Design
Graphic design and branding
- Design of Visual Identity
- Communication and Strategy
- Communication Design
- Digital Marketing
- Social media
- Market and Business
- Motion Graphics
- Digital and Interactive Television
- Video Games
- Audiovisual Graphics
- Sound Design and Communication
- Media Arts
Society and communication
- Theory and History of the Media
- Information Society
- Internet and Social Networks
- Health and wellbeing
- Education, Literacy and Citizenship
- Culture, Countercultures and subcultures
- Visual, Aesthetic and Semiotic Analysis
Submitted Papers must:
- have between 8 to 12 pages, including title, abstract, keywords, main paper body and images (bibliographical references are not included in the limit of pages);
- follow the template guidelines;
- be written in English.
After a double blinded peer-review process, the accepted best ranked papers will be published in a Proceedings Book as part of the Springer Seriesin Design and Innovation, indexed on Springerlink and Google Scholar, and submitted for Conference Proceedings Citation Index (Web of Science).
A second selection of accepted papers will be published in a Proceedings Book (with ISBN), edited by IPCA.
After the conference, the authors of a selection of the best papers will also be invited to write an original chapter for the book “Perspectives on Design and Digital Communication: Research, innovations and best practices”, to be also published in the Springer Series in Design and Innovation.