- Day: Thursday, April 22, 2021
- Time: 5:00 pm (Spanish time zone; GMT + 1)
- Place: UPF Collaborate Room
- 5:00pm-5:10pm: Opening by Professor Javier Díaz-Noci
- 5:10pm-5:30pm: Professor Nicholas Brownless, Università Degli Studi di Firenza, Italy.
Creating a digitised corpus and wondering what to do with it: Reflections on the Compilation and Use of the Florence Early English Newspapers Corpus (FEEN).
- 5:30pm-5:50pm: Professor Joad Raymond, Queen Mary University, London.
Managing big data in Early Modern news.
- 5:50pm-6:10pm: Doctor Paul Firbas, Stony Brooks University, New York.
Editing and Annotating the First Newspaper from the Americas: Lessons from the Contreras´s Transatlantic Print Shop in Lima, 1700-1711.
- 6:10pm-6:30pm: Doctor Carmen Espejo-Cala, University of Seville.
Analyzing form and style in Early Modern news books and gazettes.
- 6:30pm: Debate and closing remarks.
The organization ask the attendees leave their microphones on mute for the duration of the presentations. Attendees can request a certificate of attendance at firstname.lastname@example.org